A collection of links related to the Climate Emergency.
Education: Are we doing enough?
Global News: Climate Change Education in Alberta
National Post: Saskatchewan has the best climate change curriculum in the country, study finds
Seth Wynes: Seth Wynes, a former high school science teacher who studies climate change mitigation at UBC, said his team went through the curriculums of every province and interviewed some of their creators to see if their climate change content accurately communicated all facets of the issue.
- Question and Answers with Seth Wynes
- Understanding the climate responsibilities associated with elections
- Seth Wynes: Resources
- Research on Climate curriculum
- climate science curricula in Canadian secondary schools focus on human warming, not scientific consensus, impacts or solutions.
Seth Wynes outlines components of climate change education:
It’s climate, the foundational principles for climate science
It’s warming, the basic concept that the climate is warming and observations to accompany this idea.
It’s us, humans and anthropogenic emissions are the cause of the majority of global warming.
Experts agree, establishing that there is no debate that climate change is real, significant and human caused.
It’s bad, expressing the dire consequences of climate change.
We can fix it, focusing on solutions to the climate crisis
- How climate change is taught in Canadian High schools – and how it can improve
- The Narwhal- Major gaps in climate education
- First Nations Drum: Study finds majority of Canadians believe climate change education falling short of expectations.
- The Conversation: Incorporating Story to teach climate change
- Philip Wollen – An incredible speech on animal activism
- Outside: American kids aren’t learning about climate change
- Energy and environmental education is not limited to science.
- According to the study there is a lack of basic knowledge about climate change among Canadians, including many Canadian teachers
- Every Child Should Learn About Climate Change in School
- Italy and Climate Change Education
- More on Italy’s infusing climate and sustainability education