A collection of links related to the Climate Emergency.
We Must Change our Relationship With Animals
Factory Farming of Animals
- Mercy for animals
- Elizabeth Warren teams up with Cory Booker to end factory farming
- Newsweek: Elizabeth Warren and Cory Booker join forces with a bill to end factory farming
- Animal Factory Farming
- Fur Farms -Netherlands
- What is causing Amazon Rainforest Destruction?
- The Guardian: How to Love Animals by Henry Mance review – the case against modern farming
- John Oliver talking about the animal industry
Marine mammal captivity
- Canadians demonstrated we are against keeping social, intelligent and vast roaming marine animals in small barren tanks for entertainment…Now what?
- Assessment of Kiska, an orca held in captivity for 52 years at Marineland, Niagra Falls, Ontario
- The Star: Two years in, ‘Free Willy’ law phasing out whale and dolphin captivity is shrouded in secrecy
- World Animal Protection: Dolphin and marine life captivity– the 7 biggest lies the dolphin industry tells
- International marine mammal project- STOP the Taiji slaughter!
- Canada Outlaws holding whales and dolphins in captivity
- The Dolphin Project– Dolphin Project is a non-profit charitable organization, dedicated to the welfare and protection of dolphins worldwide. Founded by Richard (Ric) O’Barry on Earth Day, April 22, 1970, the organization aims to educate the public about captivity and, where feasible, retire and/or release captive dolphins
- Phil Demers: The Walrus and the Whistleblower– former Marineland animal trainer bonded with a walrus named Smooshi. Then he began to understand animal captivity was torturous for the animals so and they were being mistreated and abused so he spoke out against the organization.. He was a big part of spearheading marine captivity being banned in Canada.
- CBC Documentary – The Walrus and the Whistleblower : Phil Demers and Smooshi
- SAVE KISKA – Facebook group: Lone orca at Marineland in Niagra Falls has been in captivity in a cement pool for 52 years.
- The Whale sanctuary – Kiska: Alone Again
- Marineland in Niagra Falls want to sell 5 beluga whales to Mystic Aquarium in the US
- Five Marinleand beluga whales settling into new homes in US
The killing of animals
- The Guardian – making a BEE LINE to save bees
- Wildlife Voice: giving animals a voice and to support their protection
- Greenpeace on the killing of sharks
- Aphrodisiac’ of the ocean: how sea cucumbers became gold for organized crime
- Cher and others champion for freedom of this elephant
- Bill to prosecute people who are cruel to animals
- PETA: Animal experiments are horrific torture for animals and serve no purpose
- PETA: Connection between animal experimentation and human abuse, violence and rape
- Animal Experimenters are Psychopaths – gruesome tales of rape and murder
- PETA : podcasts about animals and humans…
- Test Subjects, BAFTA-winning director Alex Lockwood’s new documentary, explores the pressure on aspiring scientists to experiment on animals in order to earn their diplomas. It premiered on September 20 at Raindance, the UK’s largest film festival. PETA served as executive producer.
- New Bill to ban live animal markets
- Uk moving to ban travel advertisements that promote elephant torture
- Spain is giving animals the same rights as people
- WHO wants to ban live wild animal sales at food markets to curb disease
Torture, Killing and eating of dogs and cats
The dog meat trade is one of the most serious animal welfare issues in Asia. The availability of dog meat is widespread in Asia, where the welfare concern is enormous due to the large numbers of dogs being stolen from owners.
- Soi Dog Foundation is working in several contries to end this inhumane and barbaric practice
- Yulin Dog and Cat eating festival-animals are tortured horrifically because it is believed the meat tastes better
- Stop the horrific Yulin dog meat festival and end China’s dog and cat meat trade
- Humane Society International – stop the dog meat trade
- Shutting down the Dog meat trade
- Video of the Dog meat trade ….
- Jane Goodall calls on global end to wildlife trade
- Pangolin scales and wildlife trade: Chinese and Vietnamese demand pangolin scales
- Animal Equality UK against animal cruelty –ban wet markets
- Wildlife trafficking driving ‘severe declines’ in traded species, finds study
- How a modern-day flower madness is fuelling the illegal trade
- A rewilding project on UK rivers aims to stop eels sliding to extinction
- The Guardian: the wildlife trade and the age of extinction
YouTube allows people to post their torture and killing of animals every day.
- The Guardian – YouTube must remove videos of animal cruelty, says charity
- Newsweek: YouTuber Charlie White calls out platform for Animal abuse videos
- National Geographic – how fake animal rescues have become a new frontier for animal abuse
- One Green Planet- Remove Animal Abuse from YouTube!
- Vegan News- More than 2,000 YouTube videos flagged for animal abuse
- Nation of Change – It’s time for YouTube to stop promoting animal abuse
- LadyFreethinker- YouTube stop profiting from animal torture
For many of these I have linked the author and the book for ease of access to their information.